The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, August 21, 2006

The reunion was...well, disappointing. I arrived before Kathryn and Jason and so I went in and got my free drink and then had to leave because I just couldn't do it. Even though I did well this whole summer long at initiating conversations (multiple conversations every day!), I just couldn't go up to anyone. In my defense, the people who I did recognize I didn't care to speak to and everyone else I couldn't place. Turns out that I am great with names, horrible with faces. Anyway, I suspected that something like this would happen, so I packed a book in my purse. I called Kathryn and she was kind enough to meet me in the lobby and then we'd enter together. So I read for a few minutes until she and Jason got there and then we went in, had some mini-taquitos and stood talking together as others who recognized us came up.

Overall, I don't think anyone remembers me. And it makes sense because one girl's boyfriend was asking me who I was in high school so that he could picture the type of person who I was and the best I could come up with was, "The quiet girl who was in the smart classes but wasn't smart." Anyway, I did have a couple of conversations with people I was glad to see. According to Kathryn's scheme (you'll have to check out her post), that would be the Lawyer (Arthur) and the HR Lady (Erin). What was totally weird was when the Fireman came over (along with Kathryn, I maybe have said two words to him my whole life) and did his drunk thing in hanging on Kathryn and Jason to see how we were doing, he already knew I was at Princeton. Weird. What I found to be interesting is that the person I enjoyed talking to the most the whole night long didn't even go to my school...I really enjoyed talking to Erin's boyfriend. Maybe it was because he was really easy going and had some funny stories about his car breaking down in the countryside of Mexico.

The person who I wanted to see the most - Herbert Quan - wasn't there. Herbert, if you're out there, I want to know if you're an entrepreneur, like you said you wanted to be in the 8th grade. Email me.

All in all, I won't be going to the 20th.

- Jenny, 8/21/2006 05:05:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com