The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, July 17, 2006

Last Friday I sat with a 14 year-old girl who was delivering her baby. I doubt that I'll see her tomorrow - they rotate people out of the hospital quickly - but I kinda hope I do so that I can see how she's doing.

CPE continues to go well. I am really enjoying it this summer. Today wasn't a hospital day - it was a teaching/group day. We had the hospital ethicist come in and give us a lecture on bioethics. It was really interesting and made me look forward to my ethics class this fall. Currently, I'm enrolled in the Ethics of the Synoptic Gospels, but I wonder if I should switch to the Bioethics class, even though it's an evening class (which definitely cramps my style). Then in the afternoon we watched the movie The Kid and talked about how there are events and relationships in our past that affect our actions and who we are in the present. I had never seen the movie before and liked it. It was a fun way to talk about that. Much more fun than our supervisor starting us off by saying, "So, let's discuss your personal issues from the past that influence who you are today." Instead the conversation moved from talking about the character to then talking about those things. It was cool.

I am pretty tired right now. I play softball in approximately an hour and I think I may be too tired and too full from the salad I made for myself for dinner. But I will try to press on anyhow. Our game is at the park close to my house, so hopefully the walk over will help energize me.

I was shocked today to see it was raining when I woke up. Is it not the summer in southern California?

- Jenny, 7/17/2006 05:26:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com