The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, May 18, 2006

I got home late last night, after driving about 12.5 hours from Golds Beach, OR to Burbank, CA. We only stopped once, around 3:30 p.m. in Santa Rosa for lunch at Wendy's (their Frescata sandwiches - delicious!). Needless to say, I missed Lost. However, thanks to technology and the indomitable spirit of advertising, I was able to stream the episode online for free and watch it this morning. And - wow - what an interesting ending! Like Tyler usually says, I can't wait for next week! And let me just tell you, if I were still working and had nothing to do, I'd most certainly be watching the episodes again. But I have many important things to be doing - laundry, unpacking, cleaning out my car, getting an oil change, scrubbing the bugs off of my car, cleaning the house, filling out my Presbyterian forms for candidacy, etc. Sadly, I can't be piddling around with watching the episode again because I have lots to do.

Let's see...the rest of my trip:

The drive from Bozeman to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho was great. I really enjoyed it. And Coeur D'Alene is a very beautiful city. From there we drove to Vancouver, WA, which is just across the river from Portland. We stayed at the Heathman Lodge, which was very nice. What was so exciting about staying there is that every room (I think) has Tempur-Pedic beds in it. I have always wondered what it'd be like to sleep on one of those since, you know, you can't exactly sleep on one in Brookstone. I found that the experience was not so great for me, since I am very much a tosser and a turner. It wasn't uncomfortable, but the bed also didn't yield to my sleeping habits. From Vancouver, WA we drove to Golds Beach, OR, where we stayed for two nights. There we went on a jetboat up the Rogue River, which was very fun, very cold, very warm and made me very sunburnt.

The long drive home yesterday wasn't too bad, even though it sounds miserable. It was enjoyable until we got to Fresno, which began our last stretch until arriving home. After then, it became a test of my will to keep on driving until getting home. Everytime we'd pass a sign that gave the mileage to Los Angeles, I'd be doing driving math in my head. Not as complicated as this, but looking at the mileage and then trying to figure out if I am reasonably sure that I can average X speed, then I can be reasonably sure that I can be home by X time. Eventually, we made it (15 minutes ahead of what I calculated!) and here I am. It's good to be home, but I'll feel like I'm settled once I finish all of the menial tasks I listed above.

- Jenny, 5/18/2006 09:31:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com