The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am living a life of fear. Every morning I wake up, I fear that somehow I have contracted pink eye again. It always turns out that I haven't, but I am not sure why I can't let it go.

Dave was asking about my summer plans. I am not sure if I explictly have talked about them on here, so here goes. My dad is coming out on the 4th of May to help me drive back to Los Angeles. However, we won't be leaving until May 7th-ish. Then we will take off on a cross-country adventure that will look like a L if you rotate the L 90 degrees to the east coast. I have been waiting to hear from Aunt Trisha to see if she's also going to come. I finally called her on Sunday afternoon, and she is still up in the air. I think I should be back in California around May 17th.

Anyhow, once I get home I will have a month off, then I will begin my CPE program at St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank. I only mildly entertain thoughts that I might meet a doctor. CPE is a program that I am required to do by my presbytery that is part class part hospital chaplaincy. Please don't ask me anything more about the program because that's pretty much all I know about it. It goes for 11 weeks or so (I finish around August 24th), work 40 hours a week, have some homework and do not receive pay. Instead, they are charging me to do it. So...I'm really excited about it. Can you hear the excitement in my voice? If you can, you're mistaking my sarcasm for excitement.

Then, one or two days after my CPE program is over, I will hopefully take my Presbyterian ordination exams. I still have to get approved officially to take them, I think, but I think I have been given unofficial approval. I think it's something like 4 exams in 2 days or so.

Then, shortly after that I will get in my car and drive back to Princeton for my final year. On my drive back, I'd like to drive another L, but rotated 90 degrees westward. And I kinda sorta want to do the drive back by myself. Not sure if that will happen, but we'll see. I am in the process of registerring for classes for the fall, and it looks like I will be taking: Ethical Implications of the Synoptic Gospels, Compassionate Communication, World Christianity through World Literature, Through a Glass Darkly: The Biblical and Shakespearean Visions and Introduction to Hebrew Exegesis. I might also take Word and Act, a one-credit class that teaches you how to sorta be upfront in church, but the time for that is not announced just yet, so it may not match up for me.

Hoping to start writing just a little on my paper today. I have been reading and need to read a bit more, but I really would like to at least start putting some words on paper...

- Jenny, 4/25/2006 06:36:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com