The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, March 02, 2006

We New Jerseyans are wimps.

Today we're having a "wintry mix". A wintry mix is not really rain and not really snow, hence a mix. Upon leaving my Greek class, I thought to myself that the last thing on earth I wanted to do was drive up to Summit this morning to work at church. Ok, maybe not the last thing, but close to it. But, not only did I have church to go to, but I also had plans to go get my hair cut in Westfield, NJ. So, I first called the salon to see if I could reschedule. I plainly said that I didn't want to drive up because of the weather and she completely understood, so now I'll be getting my hair cut at the end of the month. Then I called my supervisor at church and asked if I could work at home because of the weather, and she also agreed that it was safer because you don't know what will happen. She also said that the schools in Summit are closed. Closed! There's not even one drop of snow on the ground!

Wimps, I tell you. Personally, I'm glad to be a wimp because this means that I can work from my "home office," aka my cozy dorm room. I can stay inside and not have to even question whether the wintry mix is rain or snow. Beautiful.

- Jenny, 3/02/2006 07:34:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com