The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, March 20, 2006

Today I just cannot seem to understand time. I thought I had two weeks to write this one paper that I have to do, but it turns out that it's due early next week. AND I have a sermon that I have to write for this Sunday. I am bummed out. I'm taking suggestions, by the way, for an American religious leader within the past 100 years for that paper that I have to write. Any suggestions?

Speaking of being bummed out, I think I realized in preaching class today that I have a totally different opinion about when sermons are good and when sermons are bad. This is frustrating because now I realize I have to work harder to understand how to figure out what makes a sermon good.

Anyway, I watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory this weekend while babysitting. It was actually really cute because Eli (who's like 6) would say stuff like, "Don't worry, he gets a golden ticket." To which I'd exclaim to Eli, "Eli! Don't give it away to me!" And then he'd say something like, "I'm not giving it away - I'm giving you hints." I had seen the old one, so it wasn't like he was really giving it away to me, but this was the first time I was watching the new one, since I was in Jamaica when it came out last year. I have to say that I did not like this new version at all, which is weird because I had such great hopes for it. I especially did not like Johnny Depp's creepy voice.

I also realized this weekend that I have no idea how to respond when someone says "How's it going?" or "What have you been up to?" I almost always have nothing to say and end up saying something totally dumb in response.

- Jenny, 3/20/2006 07:03:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com