The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, March 27, 2006

So I got the notice on Friday: this is the summer of my 10-year high school reunion. How old do I sound?! Old, as some of my friends from Princeton who've just graduated college point out. Looking at the reunion page on myspace, I've realized that I haven't thought of most of these people, literally since graduation day. Weird. I also realized (as I was asked to forward the email about the reunion to other classmates) that pretty much the only person who I talk to from my class is Kathryn. I guess I didn't realize I was so de-vested.

This weekend was ok. I stayed up entirely too late with Ann on Friday, remembering the late, great Nickelodeon TV shows, like Double Dare, Salute Your Shorts, et al. Found this, which is absolutely worth a look. Also, if you're interested in re-living the days yourself, you can go back in the past and watch two different episodes of Double Dare. One is a celebrity special that showcases Staci Keanan from My Two Dads and David Faustino from Married with Children. Plus, you'll get to see Marc Summers wearing a tuxedo and athletic shoes.

Church went well yesterday. Of everything I did, I believe I was best at preaching, which was a huge step up. It was also neat because I was nervous doing it, but wasn't too nervous as I was preaching. It was probably the most calm I felt in all of my experiences preaching. I think what was most helpful was knowing that the people in the congregation were there to hear a word of God from me and that they would be supportive of me. So - I am so very thankful for that experience.

I also watched the movie RENT with a few of the high schoolers after church at my supervisor's house. This was my first time watching RENT and, I have to say that I'm not sure if I get the point of the movie. Yeah, yeah, yeah...love everyone. But...is that it?

- Jenny, 3/27/2006 11:56:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com