The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I've just come back from driving Tyler to the airport. I am 70% sure that I saw the beginning of spring. It is a tad too early for spring, but I am 70% sure that I saw some of the trees that are normally brown with a reddish hue. I remember last year that these trees were the first to bud with their red little berries or whatever they are. This is good & exciting news. I love spring!

Yesterday Tyler and I went to NYC. We got there around lunchtime and experienced a slice of the everyday life of a typical NY businessperson, waiting in long lines for lunch at Chipotle. Then we caught the 6 uptown to the Museum of the City of New York. This is a pretty cool museum and we spent a long time here looking at the various exhibits. My favorite was probably a 20 minute movie about the history of NY, from indians and dutch settlers to 9/11 and beyond. I was also really interested with the Ed Koch exhibit, so much so that I may read his biography. From there, we took the 6 downtown to SoHo to check out the Drawing Center. Both Tyler and I were disappointed to find that we paid $3/ea to see not drawing per se, but lines and random 3-D boxes. I don't think anything in that place qualified as "drawing." Then we went to go check out this computer bag store that Emily and Derek found when they went there. Then we ate at this cool-looking pizza place, I stopped off and got some chocolate chip rice pudding at Rice to Riches and then we tried to find the Guggeheim SoHo and discovered that it wasn't really there. From there we walked back up to Penn Station and took the train home.

Today we went to the Princeton Art Museum, which I discovered is much bigger than I thought it was.

I've got some things I've gotta get on, but perhaps I'll take a short nap first. If only I could multi-task while napping...

- Jenny, 3/08/2006 11:22:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com