The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, April 16, 2004

Today is Friday! Yay! I feel that this week has gone by really, really quickly. In fact, the month of April seems to be breezing by. Anyway, tonight I'll go bowling for Stephen's birthday. Tomorrow I'll wash my car with my uncle, then maybe get my oil changed, then I'll meet up with Tyler, Chris, Julie, Christina and Jason to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix. I heard on the news this morning that it might rain tomorrow, so hopefully that won't ruin our day. I don't know if I have any plans for Sunday, other than going to church.

Happy birthday to Stephen Thrasher! I believe Stephen turns 24 today. Since Stephen plans to attend MIT in the fall to get his Ph.D. in astrophysics or aeronautics or something like that, I will note that by the age of 24, Nelly Bly made a solo trip around the world in less than 80 days for the New York World, beating Phileas Fogg's fictional record, Radioastronomy grad student Jocelyn Bell Burnell observed an unknown signal from outer space; this resulted in the discovery of pulsars, John Couch Adams became the first person to predict the position of a planetary mass beyond Uranus, and Johannes Kepler defended the Copernican theory and described the structure of the solar system.

Ok, so there's no Friday Five--just the FF from last week, which I don't feel like answering.

- Jenny, 4/16/2004 10:47:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com