The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, April 23, 2004

I just bought tickets to see Aimee Mann via Ticketmaster, and am increasingly appalled at the rates that they charge. Kudos to Pearl Jam for trying to fight the system. Unfortunately, the system won. :( Anyway, for ~$22 tickets, I was charged ~$10 in fees. Incredible. BUT, even MORE incredible is that, in their shipment options, they charge you if you want to print the tickets out on your own. Using YOUR printer, YOUR ink, YOUR own time to do that. They charge you. Incredible. Needless to say, I went with the Standard Mail option, which is FREE, like it ought to be. ARGH--how I hate Ticketmaster...is there any other option? Can we assail them with an anti-trust case and break up their monopoly???

Anyway, I can't believe that it's already Friday. This week has gone by very, very quickly. Maybe later I'll write about what I have on tap for this weekend, but for now I have to go make some copies. No Friday Fives for the whole month of April. :( I've decided to go ahead and use one from way back (before I was even doing the Five)--Here's my answers to the historic Friday Five of September 21, 2001:

1. Where were you born (city or state or just country)?
I was born in the city of Glendale, California.

2. What is your favorite number?
Maybe four or six, for no reason in particular.

3. Vanilla or chocolate?
Definitely vanilla. I think vanilla tastes much better than chocolate, and I know that will rub a few of my friends the wrong way.

4. What section of a bookstore would I find you in?
Tough one. I haven't been to a bookstore in awhile because I've given up the notion of buying books. I figure that I can always borrow books from my friends or the library. However, I am stuck from doing that at the moment because I have about a bazillion books and have borrowed about a bazillion books, and I need to catch up with myself! To answer the question, though, I guess I find myself most often in the Fiction section of the bookstore.

5. What kind of mattress do you have on your bed? soft? firm? water?
I'm not sure...I guess it's somewhat firm, but I also have a feather bed. Funny thing is that I always forget what my mattress feels like whenever I'm house-sitting. Then after my duty is done, it is the best thing to lie down on my own mattress.

- Jenny, 4/23/2004 10:25:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com