The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Upon stopping home yesterday before going to church for a meeting, I looked through my mail and saw that I had been summonsed to serve on jury duty in downtown LA in late March. My initial thoughts were depressed and then I remembered something--I have absolutely no work to do while at work, so serving on a jury would give me a break from doing nothing and would actually stimulate my mind! I am now really excited about the whole thing and am really hoping that I get called to serve on an actual trial. Granted last time I served the trial pretty much sucked and I couldn't wait to get back to work, but I am hoping that I get called to serve on a jury and that the trial lasts for a month or so. That would pretty much rock. Except I don't think I get paid for jury service. So, that pretty much doesn't rock.

Yes, sadly, I come into work and have to muster up any motivation that I may have to do my very un-work-like tasks, such as respond to personal email and do some designing on the side and stuff. It's really, super hard to have nothing to do, and it's really, super hard to be forced, so to speak, to work eight hours when the amount of actual work can be fit into a half-hour timeframe.

- Jenny, 2/18/2004 10:01:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com