The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, February 26, 2004

Is it just me, or did last night's "terrible" storm turn out to be not that terrible? Maybe it's because I got home from my meeting in Laguna Beach at 3:30-ish and stayed home for the rest of the night, so I didn't really go outside except to get dinner at one point, but it just seemed like it didn't rain that hard...certainly didn't seem to produce the 4-8 inches I heard we were supposed to get.

My meeting with the horrible PR company yesterday was actually not that bad. First of all in the meeting, we didn't have the key players which I hate; the rotating pretty girl who, seemingly, is there only for her looks, the former president of the company who is good for nothing, and the guy who is a supposed "expert" on all things telecom/technology. Second of all, the meeting was extremely short--we finished in two hours and came up with good ideas. Normally, we would meet for something like three or four hours AND would have had to have had the obligatory lunch where you have to small-talk about the economy and other various points of interest. Bleh. Thank goodness that didn't happen. Thirdly, as I mentioned in the second point, I think we came up with a good theme for my company's SUPERCOMM presence and good ways to promote ourselves that are different. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised how well it went (which I think is in part to reason #1).

After the meeting I had lunch with my boss and then drove up to Stephanie's neck of the woods to see where she works and stuff. At her company, all of their copiers are named after cars...

Returned home and waited for Chris & Tyler to arrive and we watched a couple of documentaries last night. The first one we watched was Spellbound (S-p-e-l-l-b-o-u-n-d. Spellbound), a documentary about the National Spelling Bee. (tangental question--do other nations have spelling contests?) I really enjoyed the movie, even though the girl I selected to win didn't. The most surprising part for me was that this one Indian kid who was a spelling machine (thanks to his domineering father) didn't know how to spell "darjeeling." I think he got it right in the end, but it was surprising to me that he didn't know how to spell it right away. Then we watched Dogtown and Z-Boys, a documentary about the history of skateboarding, which was really good. Everett--is Taylor's dad's name Tom? I saw some guy listed in some of their skateboard statistics and I think it might be his dad, which would be really rad.

So...that was my day yesterday.

- Jenny, 2/26/2004 11:22:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com