The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, January 19, 2004

This past weekend was really great because I didn't do a whole lot. Friday night I was supposed to go to a birthday party for Valerie at the Fourth Dimension in Monrovia, but by the time I got home I was exhausted and couldn't bear to drive back out again. Instead, I went over to Stephen & Adam's pad and Jenn & Kurt came over and we ate pizza and talked to each other. Stephen also showed me how to solve a Rubik's Cube, although I am still working on figuring out the steps. I give him a lot of credit, though--Stephen is very patient and very smart because he would help me get back to the exact place I was at when I would mess it up beyond hope.

Woke up on Saturday and went to the nice yarn store with Jean from church. She wanted to figure out how to finish knitting this cape she started in like 1995 and I just always enjoy a trip to the yarn store. While I was there, I bought some yarn and was taught how to knit a cap! I have to go back, though, to figure out how to finish the cap (by tying off the yarn, etc.). The first cap I knitted is slightly too large, but I started knitting a second cap last night and it looks like this one will fit perfectly. Also on Saturday, I went to church and dinner with my aunt Ellie, uncle Scott and cousin Danny. We went to dinner at the Elephant Bar, which I have previously not enjoyed because I didn't think the food was all that great, but the last three times I have been, I have either had an excellent meal or an excellent drink or both. After dinner, I met up with Terrence and Sergio to see Big Fish. None of us really knew what the movie was about, but somehow we all agreed that we'd like to see it. Go figure. Big Fish is about a grown man (Billy Crudup! What a surprise for me!) who is frustrated with his father (to the point of dissolving communication) because he feels that his father holds back information about who he really is because all he does is tell tall tales. I really enjoyed the film...I thought it was cute and it *almost* made me cry at the end.

Sunday I went to church and then went home and knit and cleaned a little and basically did nothing all day. It was wonderful.

And that was my weekend. Pretty exciting and interesting, huh?

- Jenny, 1/19/2004 11:06:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com