The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, January 08, 2004

Am I the only one who thinks that Liv Tyler looks just like Alanis Morissette?

Anyway, last night I saw home videos of my dad as a teenager playing with his friends. It was way cool, and it's sorta hard to imagine my dad as not being my dad--in the pre-child/marriage sense.

But what I'd really like to talk about in the space of three minutes (I have to meet the Safety Committee for our holiday lunch) is my alarm clock. Last Christmas or the Christmas before, my aunt Ellie bought me the best alarm clock ever. It is the best alarm clock ever because it not only plays CDs as well as the radio, but because it has three (count 'em--THREE) time settings. This is wonderfully perfect for me, since I never get up on the first alarm and yet I distrust the snooze button. So, previous to this alarm clock, I would wake up, reset the clock to 30 minutes later and go back to sleep. Now, I set the clock before I go to bed with the following times: 7:00 a.m., 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. I officially wake up at 7:45 a.m., but I like to have the wake-up warnings at 7 and 7:30. In the past couple of days, I have noticed that I have reset my alarm clock to go off to sounds of nature in a brook at the 7:45 a.m. time, and I have been greatly distressed because the noise is so gentle and lovely that I don't want to get up, or even out of bed. I just want to lie there and listen to the brook. This must change. Hopefully I'll remember to change it tonight.

- Jenny, 1/08/2004 11:14:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com