The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, December 05, 2003

This post is entitled, "Better late than never" or "Sorry for the late post." :)

This morning/afternoon I was in charge of our hobby fair at work, where some employees put up there wares and the rest of the company was invited to come down and browse and learn about their fellow employees. It was fun, and I think it'll be something we do again next year. I displayed my watercolor paintings (some of these and others that I don't have scanned in yet) and got a lot of very nice comments. I also tried painting while down there, but it was kinda hard to keep focused. The cool thing is that I wasn't as bothered as I thought I would be with people watching me paint.

This weekend I'm going to go and visit Kathryn and Susan and other Las Vegas-types. How exciting! Terrence is also coming and I don't think there's any sort of agenda, although Terrence got me started thinking about maybe playing a round of Professional Bingo (although he jokingly said this because he played once and it was evidently too stressful for him). I might take pictures, but I think we've all seen how reliable I am about getting around to posting my pictures. (sigh)

I looked, and it appears the Friday Five is on hiatus today. No worries--I'll just do the one from last week, which I didn't do last week:

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
Uh....I think I have to be in the mood, and I don't like to shop with something particular in mind (because I never find *exactly* what I'm looking for).

2. What was the last thing you purchased?
The last thing I purchased was a warm jacket and a warm sweater, both from REI and both on clearance. (yay!)

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?
I prefer shopping online/mail order because I can do it at any time, in the relaxation of my own home. I don't have to find a parking space, I don't have to weave my way through crowds to get to the store I want to shop at, I don't have to be asked if I need any help by some retail worker, I don't have to wait in lines to buy the merchandise, and then I don't have to lug it around with me everywhere I go until I get in my car and go home. So, yes, I like online/mail order much better.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?
I think I did but, to be honest, I don't remember how much it was or if it was regular or what.

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?
Regret? Hm...Oh, I bought a new bottle of shampoo yesterday or the day before. It is not the brand I typically buy, but it is the brand that I would typically buy for my conditioner, so I thought I'd give it a try because I really like my conditioner. Unfortunately, it's not as good as the shampoo I normally buy so I regret purchasing it, although I am glad I bought a tiny, trial size.

- Jenny, 12/05/2003 02:49:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com