The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, December 17, 2003

This morning I am wearing my contacts--for the first time since before Thanksgiving. I stopped wearing them because I thought that I only had like a week's worth left. Then I talked to Kathryn and she was telling me how Garrett bled when they did his LASIK operation because he wore contacts. Needless to say, that didn't excite me about wearing my remaining contacts. But then I started thinking. Garrett looked fine the day after bleeding during LASIK. And what's a little bleeding going to hurt, anyhow? It's only when you bleed a lot that you should be concerned. So, today I thought I'd wear my contacts for a change. I was totally shocked when I realized that I have about a month's worth of contacts left! I could probably wear contacts every day from now until the end of this year (I won't be able to wear contacts at the start of next year due to the mandatory no-contacts two weeks before the surgery rule).

The best thing about wearing my contacts is that I CAN SEE! The world is not blurry or smudged or scratched. I even think the colors are brighter, but...probably not...or, maybe they are because I can see things distinctly, so they don't all blend into one.

In other news, on occasion I hear the song Invisible by Clay Aiken on the radio. It's very catchy and I find that it only takes a few seconds of the song to get it in my head for the rest of the day. However, every time the song comes on I get a little uneasy because it is quite the stalker song. In fact, I think it's a little comical that the site that hosts the lyrics to it is called "Romantic Lyrics." They don't seem to be romantic to me at all. The guy who is singing the song has no interaction with the girl in question. Read the lyrics:

"I wish I could be a fly on your wall"
"Why can't I dream you into my life?"
"If I was invisible then I could just watch you in your room"
"I keep tracing your steps - each move that you make"

This is clearly the song of stalkers.

- Jenny, 12/17/2003 10:27:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com