The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, December 19, 2003

Since my dad has a thing for both Hugh Grant and Sandra "Sandy" Bullock, we both have seen our fair share of Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock movies, and we know most of them by heart. Lately, our conversations during the movies have been cracking me up. They go a little something like this:

Me: Whatever happened to Jack? I thought Sandy loved Jack--how could she dump this guy with a lucrative furniture business for George, the richest guy in the world? What--Jack takes Sandy to Italy, her lifelong dream, and then she dumps him?

Dad: Well, Jack would have to make an incredible amount of furniture each day to even make the interest that George makes.

Me: So what happened to poor Jack?

Dad: Well, I happen to know that Jack saved the country.

Me: Saved the country? How? When?

Dad: When our country was attacked by aliens, Jack was president and he saved the country.

Me: But how could he be president when he doesn't have a first lady?

Dad: Oh, she died.

Me: She died?

Dad: Oh, yeah, well Jack remarried and then she died and then he saved the country.

Me: Oh.

It's very funny.

I have to go downstairs and decorate for the White Elephant party this afternoon, so here's a quick Friday Five:

1. List your five favorite beverages.
Iced tea, diet coke, pineapple juice, cran-apple juice, water.

2. List your five favorite websites.
My blog, the Onion, Getty Images, Google, Relevant Magazine.

3. List your five favorite snack foods.
Nuts, Wheat Thins, tortilla chips (and salsa), string cheese, veggies (with dip). (can you tell that I like salty things?)

4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
Trivial Pursuit, Phase 10, Hoopla, 500,

5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games.
Uh...this is hard because I don't really play them. I used to play both Club Dead and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on my Macs (one on my G3 and one on the Performa) and I used to really like playing those. I like playing Bust A Move, but not against my brother. I like playing Tetris. Ok, that's four...and...OH! And I used to love playing Klondike on my G3, always beating my brother's score (until he got wise and took up all of the high scores by playing the same game over and over and over again).

- Jenny, 12/19/2003 09:44:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com