The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, December 23, 2003

One of the presents I will give my father for Christmas is this vacuum/broom/electro-static cleaner thing. He asked for one (well, he asked for a Swifter or something like that, but I found this thing by Bissell and it seemed better) and I had already bought him some gifts, but I decided that I would like to promote his desire to clean (since I am the only one who dares sweep the floors). Lately, I have really, really wanted to sweep the floors in our house, but have been holding off so that Dad can have something to practice on Christmas morning.

Speaking of Christmas, it doesn't quite seem like Christmas Eve Eve to me. First, I can't believe Christmas came up so suddenly this year (oh, geez--I'm getting old), and secondly, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. Am I wrong?

I feel horrible for the families of those two who lost their lives in yesterday's earthquake. When I felt the earthquake I thought to myself, "This is a long one, but it seems very gentle and I doubt there will be damage done." I guess there was some considerable damage to older brick buildings in the central coast. The first few Christmases without my mom were hard, so my heart goes out to all of the families who have lost a loved-one this season.

- Jenny, 12/23/2003 10:49:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com