The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, December 12, 2003

I'm tired yet again today, but it's my fault this time because I went over to Heather & Jason's after my meeting last night. I always enjoy spending time with them, and a short visit (such as to see their Christmas tree) is never really short.

I'm glad it's Friday. I have hopes to get rest this weekend, clean my house (so I won't fear lighting the house on fire due to the candles in my advent calendar), and go Christmas shopping. In reality, I don't know how much of that will get done as tonight I have plans to go to a going away dinner for Andy Lech (who's going to Denver for a contract job), then on Saturday I plan on feeding the homeless and then going caroling with the youth groups in the evening and then after that hanging out with Kurt and possibly Shane to celebrate their birthdays. On Sunday I will go to church and then have coffee with Jenn & Dalia in the late afternoon.

And now, the Friday Five:

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
I enjoy cold weather, but I do not enjoy snow.

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
I don't know. I guess ideal would be to have my whole family together.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
I guess getting a tree every year is sort of tradition (although we have gone without a tree some years and I wonder if we'll get a tree this year). It used to be tradition to have Christmas at Grandpa Jack's house--arrive in the late morning, unwrap presents, have Christmas dinner, etc. But that stopped once he moved. I miss that. Now we usually gather at Aunt Ellie's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and it's very nice--it's just not being at Grandpa Jack's.

4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
I try to feed the homeless every month at my church, although sometimes my schedule does not permit it. I also give a portion of my income to help those out in need.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
I don't know. For the past few years I have continually asked for a paper shredder and I still haven't received one. The thing with gifts is that I can pretty much go out and buy whatever I need, so getting gifts isn't as exciting as it used to be (unless it's something cool that I would have never thought of or that I can't get because you get it in another country, etc.). Over the past couple of years, I think the idea of giving money to a charity in someone's name is REALLY cool--like $10 buys a baby in Asia milk for a month or $50 helps put a roof on a house in India or something like that. Those alternative Christmas gifts always really move me.

- Jenny, 12/12/2003 11:05:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com