The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I am ultra tired this morning. Last night, after work, I had two meetings at church. The first one was thinking forward to next year when we change our Sunday morning format to include two services and a Sunday school hour. The second meeting was about our budget for next year, which took forever to go through coming up with figures. I didn't get home until 11 p.m. :( Oh well, now it's mostly done and only needs to be approved.

This morning I got a couple of interesting links. The first was a link from Patti about Pocket Art, a commentary by Walter Mosley from NPR. The gist is that this guy doesn't think that art should be all high and mighty and that each of us should carry around things with us that are beautiful. Maybe it's a small painting or copy of a painting. Maybe it's a small sculpture or piece of jewelry or shell. Whatever the case, Mosley insists that art is not solely for curators to choose for museums, but that we each should carry around things that, to us, are beautiful; that we should each be the owners of our own pocket gallery, where we are the curator, critic and patron so that our grey and plastic world can be a little bit prettier. I think the idea is an interesting one. Carry around a small piece of art and show it to people casually in conversation. I might try it.

The second link I got was from Jenn--an e-snowglobe. "A winter's day where children play inside this Christmas toy. To make it snow just shake it up and hear them scream for joy." It's funny and somewhat twisted (watch the girl making the snowman). I like how, after you shake it, things go back to normal. It sort of reminds me of this short by Pixar, which is also funny.

- Jenny, 12/10/2003 10:50:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com